Toews (“we”) are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our customers (“you”). We want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use your non-public personal information (“personal information”) in the course of business, as well as the measures we take to safeguard your personal information. Keeping your personal information private is our priority.
While providing service to you, we collect personal information from the following sources:
- Account applications and other standard forms related to your accounts and information that you disclose to your financial professional. Examples of information collected include your name, address, Social Security number, assets, types and amounts of investments, transactions and income.
- Your transactions with Toews and any entity associated with it in order to provide you with diverse financial products and services. Examples of information collected include your account balance, payment history, parties to transactions, types and amounts of investments and transactions.
- Consumer reporting agencies, including information concerning your credit worthiness and credit history.
- Information obtained from third parties when verifying applications or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other institutions with which you conduct financial transactions.
- Financial services companies with which we have service agreements. These may include associated Registered Investment Advisors, Broker Dealers, Banks and Credit Unions.
Keeping your information secure is one of our most important responsibilities. We restrict access to your personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law to protect your personal information. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to help provide our services to you, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
Disclosing Personal Information to Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We do not sell, share or disclose your personal information to non-affiliated third-party marketing companies, except personal information we share with other financial institutions pursuant to service agreements we enter into with them.
We may disclose some or all of the information we collect, only to provide services as allowed by applicable law or regulation. They are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. To the extent that applicable state laws grant you greater protection in connection with our sharing of your personal information, we will comply with hose laws. We may also disclose your personal information as permitted or required by law. These disclosures may include, for example, information to process transactions on your behalf, to conduct our operations, to follow your instructions as you authorize, or to protect the security of your financial records.
We value the independence of your financial professional and the relationship he or she has with you. As such, if you terminate your relationship with us and affiliate with another financial services firm (“New Financial Institution”), we may disclose your personal information to the New Financial Institution, unless you instruct us not to. If you do not want us to disclose your personal information to a new financial institution without your expressed advance consent, you may request that we do not provide your information to the new financial institution by requesting such in writing and mailing your request to 1750 Zion Road, Suite 201, Northfield, NJ 08225. If your primary address is in a state that requires your affirmative consent to share your personal information with the New Financial Institution (such as California, Vermont or other states requiring positive affirmation), then you must give your written consent before we will allow your financial professional to take any of your personal information to a New Financial Institution. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address provided above.
If Your Relationship with Us Ends
If our relationship with you ends, we will continue to treat and protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. That means that we may continue to share your personal information with our associated entities and affiliates as previously described or as permitted by law. However, if you notify us of your election not to have us share your personal information with others before or after your relationship with us ends, we will honor that request.
Additional State Opt-Out Information
The information sharing practices described previously are in accordance with Federal law. In states where your affirmative consent is required before we can disclose your personal information, we will comply with those state laws.